Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Want To Lose More Weight? | Healthy Diet Tips

In order to permanently succeed with your body transformation you must find your "supreme objective" and make all other elements in your life conform around it. Dwight D. Eisenhower once said, "We succeed only as we identify in life, or in war, or in anything else, a single over-riding objective, and make all other considerations bend to that one objective"

And it's not enough to just say the reason(s) out loud either, they must be written down.

As a contract between no one else but you and the good Lord these words will form a powerful force that will not only propel you forward on the journey you're about to embark, but keep you glued to the wheel of your ship (your body) through the worst of storms.

I know, this sounds a little corny. In fact, I've had many people tell me they read this technique but never applied it because they thought it was mumbo-jumbo -- feel-good, sound-good instructions without bite. It was only when they finally applied it, after failed attempts at changing their body, did they realize it worked like crazy.

Why does it work? What you've done by drafting this contract is you created a bonded instrument between your moral and physical self.

But the most important thing it does is remind you, everyday, of your promise. This is why you must place the contract in a conspicuous place where you have to read it. Drafting a contract but not reading it every day is the same as never having drafted it in the first place. The bathroom mirror, or your nightstand (where I kept mine) are good places.

In 1998 I won a National body transformation contest. While speaking with one of the executives of the company that sponsored the contest, I was told something that, at first, was a revelation to me. They told me that out of 20,000+ contestants that entered that year, only 7% finished their 12-week program. Most had dropped out by the half way point or way before.

At first this was a surprise to me. I asked myself how could so many people give up and fail to finish? I couldn't understand nor comprehend it because there wasn't one moment during my program that I even remotely considered the a possibility of giving up. My reason was too powerful (Lesson 1), I made a decision to change (Lesson 2), I had a deadline to meet (Lesson 3), and I reviewed my goals and contract every single day - no lie (Lesson 4).

But then I remembered the year before. I had entered the previous year's contest and had dropped out too...just like 93% of the contestants did the year I won. And I didn't do any of these lessons I'm revealing to you now.

Because I failed the year before I knew I'd be in the same boat again unless I put all the advantages I could on my side. I studied the principles common to successful people. Then I tailored them to maximize success for me. This principle is one of the 20 I came up with.

Would I have been as successful had I not utilized this particular principle? I doubt it. Reading my goals every night had a profoundly positive effect on my mind. After I started my program I honestly didn't think I would win, yet I knew I would be successful at transforming my body.

Which group do you want to be a part of, the successful 7%, or the defeated 93%? You've heard it said before that the power to succeed lies in your hands. But this ethereal statement is never backed up with the "how-to's" of success.

By following these principles you can harness an internal support system that will help you transcend problems or obstacles you will encounter along your path to a new body. And there will never be a doubt that you WILL ccomplish your goals.

Author Resource:-> Next, get the entire list of 20 "Blueprints" I created that allowed me to dramatically transform my body and win the 1998 Body For Life contest. Imagine finally getting the body you've always wanted! Only available at Harry's Blog

Article From Article Health And Fitness
In order to permanently succeed with your body transformation you must find your "supreme objective" and make all other elements in your life conform around it[...]

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home